Saturday, February 10, 2007

I love Stephen Colbert.



I love the Colbert Report.

It and the Daily Show make for a perfect hour of television, Monday through Thursday nights.

One of the things I adore about the Report is the "Better Know a District" segments. I know he uses them to make fun of the Democratic representatives, but it really is an interesting segment. And I love his enthusiasm about it - slowly filling in that map, I hope he stays on the air long enough to fill it entirely.

I saw in the paper today - Memphis representative Steve Cohen filmed one Friday. They don't know when it will air, and he will come off as a terrorist loving commie, but it will be funny.

And I know Memphis is a big city, but it doesn't seem to exist that much on tv, and I love mentions of it.

And I don't even live there, Cohen's not my representative, if you think I'm telling you who is, you're out of your mind.

But yay! Memphis! On the Colbert Report!

I'm so excited.

Tennessee doesn't get much mention either, though we got some attention last November. (Can't believe Corker won, grumble grumble.)

As for Cohen, there were claims, during the primaries, that there were phone polls of democratic voters in the district, asking if you'd want to be represented by someone who didn't accept Jesus Christ as his lord and savior. I don't remember if it was ever confirmed, but it's still disturbing.

The Commercial Appeal (Memphis's only daily paper) has a website, but to read articles, one must register - and not for free, so screw them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that Colbert reports on the OHL, and that he hates the team from Owen Sound. I grew up not too far from there, and attended OHL games religiously as a teen.

Oh and I like the Word. Everybody likes the Word.