Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm in love with contradictions.

Recently, I discovered Spongebob Squarepants. I love it, I think it's funnier than some other shows I've suffered through.

That being said, I will watch Hannah Montana if nothing else is on. However, there is no justification that can be made besides "it makes me laugh sometimes". However, they mix up their stereotypes. They're from Tennessee, and yet Jackson went to school on his first day in Malibu in a cowboy outfit. There are rodeos here, but still. Now, a hunting outfit is a Tennessee stereotype.

The contradictions of my brain became apparent yesterday as I watched Phil of the Future (hilarious and good), followed by an hour of Spongebob.

While reading the graphic adaptation of Howard Zinn's A People's History of American Empire.

Seriously.


Of course, this is not the first time that the contradictions of my personality have shown themselves in such obvious ways.

Right after I got my eyebrow pierced, I went next door and bought a bunch of Archie comics.

Early this spring, I finished a paper and then went outside and blew bubbles. Before going to see an amazing speaker on race.

After my graduation ceremony, I bought a bunch of MAD magazines at an antique store. While dressed up. At the party later on, we had a piƱata.

Eek, Recess is on! Ssh!

No comments: