Friday, September 19, 2008

A brilliant statement from the local news

Okay, today I saw three news vehicles on campus around 1:45 by the Panhellenic Building.

I don't know about anything important going on there today, and when I checked the three channels' websites, there was nothing there.

So after Jeopardy, I decided to keep it on channel 3 (CBS) to see why they're on my campus. (The last time was when Taylor Bradford was shot. So I'm leery. Plus, local news is incredibly stupid.

Watching the last 30 minutes has only increased my disdain.

First, I saw a teaser for high heels for babies. Babies who crawl!

Did you know we have a pumpkin shortage? Apparently, the bees who were supposed to pollinate the pumpkins were scared off by the thunder.

Another pumpkin story followed, about a pumpkin carving contest in Washington. The anchoridiot said this: "It looks like a scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, only the victims are pumpkins and it's not in Texas."

No.

Really.

And I still don't know why they were on my campus!


ETA: One of the teasers just now said we didn't know how distracting texting and driving was. After the bit about David Blaine, so they segued from his dangerous stunt to the danger of texting and driving. Do they get paid to state the obvious?

Oh. There's a study out about the dangers of texting and driving. Apparently it's a bad idea. Who knew?

Is this why they were on campus? To talk to young drivers? If that's the case, I don't think three would be out here.

No comments: