Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I may not get LOGO,

but I do get Comedy Central.

So I did not get to see the Democratic candidates on LOGO, only the Daily Show's coverage, which I saw this morning at 9 because I went to bed at 10:15 last night.

And what they covered bothered me.

Only 2 candidates said they support gay marriage.

The rest were just stupid, because, like Jon said, they had to tell the gay voters they supported them while not acting like they really supported them for the other voters.

Dammit.

That's not right - normally, a strong position on an issue will kill any candidate's national campaign - they can't really be for or against anything.

But they can with gay marriage - only against.

Republicans can say they hate gays and get elected, and democrats can't say the opposite or even that they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals and come close to winning.

Let me go watch the Colbert Report and be glad I chose to be straight.

No comments: