Thursday, August 09, 2007

MATA

The Memphis Area Transit Authority is messed up.

They control the trolleys and buses in the area, and the buses are supposedly pretty regular and stick to their schedule, and there are 3 stops around the U of M campus.

And the website features a trip planner - telling you which buses to take to get from here to there. That's awesome. There is a stop about 5 miles from my home (closest one) and there are definitely stops by my doctors' offices.

However, they offer no monthly or yearly or any kind of passes based on time, not rides. The best is a 21 ride pass that costs $28! And an adult fare is $1.50!

That's it, it bugs me, and as of right now, I have no way to change that. I need to use the bus to get to the doctor, and I like riding in a bus.

I loved the bus system in Vancouver, Washington. I only paid $18 for a monthly pass, because of my age. But for adults, they're only $44. The adult fare per ride is $1.25, not better than Memphis, but there are passes.

I really have no way to wrap this up. MATA is hurting itself by not selling monthly passes, that's all there is to it.

No comments: