Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mad #474

February 2007 - came in the mail today, and I just finished reading it.

The cover is aone of Britney Spear's recent crotch shots, with Alfred 'covering' the spot, just like the caption says.

The issue is great.

The only articles I skipped are the ones I always skip - the parody of the inspiring animal story and the 'do-it-yourself' apology. I rarely have the patience for the latter, what can I say.

The funniest art of the issue - Tom Cheney's 'Practical Uses for the Diet Coke/Menthos Formula'.

The political article - 'War Cliches: Completing the Sentences' written by Jeff Kruss and perfectly illustrated by Mort Drucker - is amazing, as usual. My favorite is the one "We grieve for the families of those who lost their lives in the war... ...though we aren't above smearing them if they start to protest too loudy."


And Jaffee's fold-in is so funny! The question is "Who's been manipulating pages in despicable ways for far too long?"

The answer is bound to put a grin on your face.


I also bought a Mad at an antique store today, issue #249, September 1984 - The Gremlins cover. Could have sworn they were dedicating an issue to Wickett, but no.

No comments: