Monday, March 26, 2007

Sleepiness is evil.

I've been exhausted most of today, and took a nap for less than an hour today. 5:05, the doctor's office called and I had to talk to the nurse. I asked my mom before I laid down to wake me up at 6 so I could take my meds, and she did.

I've been tired since, but I didn't go to sleep because I needed to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report tonight, because I'm going to the Crisis Center tomorrow, and the show reruns at 9am and 1pm, when I'll be at work. It also airs again at midnight, but if I missed the 10 o'clock showing by sleeping, I'd probably miss the midnight one as well. The only other chance I'd have would be tomorrow at seven, and NCIS is on.

So at ten, I laid down on the couch (the short one, because Wickett had the long couch to himself - he just stretched. He's on his back, legs in the air. What a crabby cutie. He'd yell for ten minutes if I tried to sit on his couch, let alone stretch out on it) to watch the Daily Show.

And during the first commercial, I felt myself nodding off.

I had to stop it!

So I sat here, at the computer. (Stewart said something about "needle in a haystack" - "no, he's like a person in the ocean!" - so he's to blame for the previous post.)

Sitting up on a computer chair stops nodding off better than laying down on the couch with blankets and pillows, for some odd reason.

So, during commercials, I looked up the tv grid on zap2it.com and discovered that there are two great old Twilight Zone episodes on at midnight and then an episode of the X-files - "The Goldberg Variation" - at one in the morning. I haven't seen it in years, and I liked it, so I have to watch it.

So I won't get to sleep until 2, unless I stretch out on the couch at midnight and drift off during a commercial (it happened during the Daily Show before).

I planned to be responsible and go to sleep at 11pm, because my job starts at 9pm, and I need to be awake by 8:45 at the latest.

But no...

Now I won't go to bed until 2, all because I looked up the tv guide to find out what episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is on tomorrow afternoon. And since it's a customized grid, the sci-fi channel is in the top spot, with an all too alluring X-files title there tonight.

Normally, if I sleep during the day, even for an hour, I'm wired until 2am period.

But tonight I was still tired and I will squander that on the X-files.

Sad.

Luckily, Mom and Beck will wake me up before they leave for work and school just like they did this morning - around 6 today, they woke me up and told me to take my morning meds, just like I asked. I didn't fall asleep until after 3 something yesterday morning, so I didn't stay up long this morning. I woke up for real around 9 today, but I don't have that luxury tomorrow.

I'll survive, though I'm in massive pain right now. My gyn cut my Lyrica dosage by a third on March 14, and I don't think it was the right idea. The pain is much sharper and I've had the same pain along my right hip that I had before I started the Lyrica in November.

I'm calling tomorrow and asking for it to be upped back to 3 times a day, so the pain won't be so damn sucky.

No comments: