Saturday, April 14, 2007

Something funny my mom told me.

Funny and awesome.

When she was 18 and had just joined the military, she needed some help in the reproductive area and got none from the military people.

So her friend took her to the local Planned Parenthood.

This was in 1980 or 1981.

Mom said there were many protestors shouting and calling them "baby-killers" and the like. And my poor mom just wanted help with birth control!

(She objects to abortion as birth control - she had a roommate who did just that in the early '80s. However, she doesn't want to force her views on others, just herself. But abortion being legal is forcing a view on many people. Hey - if you don't like abortion, don't have one!)

The best part?

Her friend was 8 months pregnant.



I wish I'd met her. She sounds like a person with a great sense of humor.

I'll be volunteering at Memphis's branch when school starts - I have 'clerical experience' at another charity, and I need volunteer hours. And I agree with everything they do and I'm glad Memphis has one.

No comments: