Sunday, April 08, 2007

Why did I watch that movie?


Oh yeah, because I said I would.

I am so stupid sometimes.

Rodgers and Hammerstein are so hearing from my lawyer. Surely it's against the law to steal 3 hours and make them boring?

Gah!

Actually, I'm glad I finished it, I had to get it out of my system.

The song that sucked me in? "I am sixteen going on seventeen..."

Music was a required class in elementary school, and in 6th and 7th grade, I took choir. We had to learn the 'Favorite Things' song. I hate that song.

I'm just glad I got it out of my system, I wanted to eject it 30 minutes in, but I knew it would get under my skin tomorrow during Grounded for Life and Sabrina, and that's not right.

I played Spider on the computer and tried to get Mikey to eat without hitting pause.

It was so bizarre hitting pause on a VHS! I don't miss it.

So the movie is safely back in Beck's room, and now I have to find the two MAD parodies - one is the "Sound of Money" - a direct parody of the movie that's in a book of Oscar-movie parodies.

The other is a follow-up of the family 'today' from the early 70s or leat 60s, and it's buried in one of the two crates somewhere.

Both much better than the movie.

Though I must say, this movie made me realize Julie Andrews is beautiful, but I hate her short hair. She looked prettiest in her nunnery gear, where it covered all but her bangs, leaving you to thing that she had hair as long as me. But I can't imagine her with long hair!

Oh well, off to sleep.

No comments: